Advertisement # 29860
Job Classification: Night Watchperson/Labourer (LAB)
Business Area/Branch: Conservation & Water Stewardship – Pineland Forest Nursery
Location: Hadashville, MB
Salary Range: $1,271.20 to $1,361.60 bi-weekly
(Plus Weekend Premium and Shift Premium, if applicable)
Additional Information: Seasonal Departmental (approximately 38 weeks)
Closing Date: March 9, 2015
Pineland Forest Nursery is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Night Watchperson/Labourer.
Essential qualifications include:
- Experience performing general labourer duties including cleaning facilities, weeding, mowing grass, painting, snow shovelling and chipping ice.
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Effective verbal communications skills.
- Ability to accurately record figures.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team environment.
Desired qualifications include:
- Working knowledge of heating and cooling equipment.
- Experience with night watch security.
Conditions of employment include the following:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license.
- Must be physically able to perform the duties assigned to the position including a considerable amount of walking.
- Must be willing and able to work evenings, weekends and midnight shifts.
- Appointment to this position is subject to a criminal records check.
The primary responsibility of the position is to patrol and monitor the greenhouses and buildings, ensuring that equipment such as cooling fans and furnaces are operating properly and that malfunctions are reported to the supervisor. Other responsibilities include general labour duties such as seeding, thinning, moving stock, hand weeding, mowing grass and picking up garbage.
Your cover letter, resume and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications. We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Applications must be submitted to:
Trevor Stanley, General Manager
Pineland Forest Nursery
Hadashville, MB R0E 0X0
Please insert the advertisement number and position title into the subject line of your e-mail.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter, resume and/or application if they are from any of the following groups: Women, Aboriginal People, Visible Minorities and Persons with a Disability.