Advertisement # 29862
Job Classification: Assistant Grower (RS1)
Business Area/Branch: Conservation & Water Stewardship – Pineland Forest Nursery
Location: Hadashville, MB
Salary Range: $1,376.80 to $1,616.80 bi-weekly
(Plus Weekend Premium, if applicable)
Additional Information: Term (approximately 18 weeks)
Closing Date: April 10, 2015
Pineland Forest Nursery is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Assistant Grower.
Essential qualifications include:
- Graduation from an approved Resources Technology program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Experience operating and maintaining related nursery equipment.
- Knowledge of heating and cooling systems.
Desired qualifications include:
- Experience growing plants.
- Experience applying pesticides.
Conditions of employment include the following:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license.
- Must be physically able to perform the duties assigned to the position including a considerable amount of walking.
- Must be willing and able to work weekends and holidays.
This position is responsible for assisting the Greenhouse Technician with the monitoring and growing of tree seedlings in the Greenhouse Program.
Your cover letter, resume and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications. We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Applications must be submitted to:
Trevor Stanley, General Manager
Pineland Forest Nursery
Hadashville, MB R0E 0X0
Please insert the advertisement number and position title into the subject line of your e-mail.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter, resume and/or application if they are from any of the following groups: Women, Aboriginal People, Visible Minorities and Persons with a Disability.